This is the privacy notice of Jnr. Specs, ABN: 13941324552 . In this document, ““we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Jnr. Specs, its employees, directors, body corporates, suppliers and affiliates.
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and handle any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers both information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave The Site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at The Site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through The Site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information
Your personal information may be collected when you register or interact with us during correspondence, enquiries, support services, e-mails, phone calls or uploaded onto The Site for the purchase of Goods.
Personal information we may collect include but not limited to: basic identification and contact information such as your name, e-mail address and phone number, demographic information such as postal code, age and gender, purchase history and other relevant information in relation to the purchase of Goods on The Site such as your prescription, login credentials for third-party websites, and also includes all information voluntarily given to us by you in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our customer.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship and take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications and disclosures. However we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
- to enable you to access and use The Site;
- to provide you with the Goods you purchase on The Site;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products, send you rewards, surveys and promotional activities managed by us or our business affiliates;
- to send you support, administrative messages, reminders, updates, security alerts and any other information requested by you;
- for research by a third party to provide us with anonymised consumer insights;
- to improve and optimise The Site for business and customer experience;
Sensitive information such as your lens prescription will be collected and only shared with our related business partners or affiliates, employees or suppliers for the purpose of supplying you the Goods you purchased on The Site.
We may keep information, which forms part of our business record for as long as you are registered as a user on The Site and for an additional period permitted or required by applicable by law. The minimum period we may retain your personal information is 7 years. We may keep your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- our employees, related body corporates and business partners.
- our suppliers and service providers such as those operating The Site
- our business consultants agents or advisers
- payment system operators
- our sponsors of any competition that we conduct (our promotional business partners)
- third parties authorized by you to receive information you give us
- law enforcement and government agencies, regulatory bodies or those authorized or permitted by law
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy Good(s) offered on The Site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.'
3. Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- for the purpose of quality control and improvement of The Site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our Goods or services or goods and services of sister websites.
4. Information you post on our website
5. Website usage information
We may use software embedded in The Site to collect information about pages you view and how you have reached them, what you do when you visit a page, the length of time you remain on the page, and how we perform in providing content to you.
We also collect data including but not limited to, a unique identifier associated with the device you use to access The Site such as you Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser and/or device characteristics you access The Site with, details of Goods you have browsed or purchased and any other information necessary to deliver the Goods to you and respond to your inquiry.
6. Financial information relating to your credit cards
The details of your credit card that you use to make a purchase on The Site is stored with a third party or payment system operators (e.g merchants receiving card payments).
7. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
8. Third party advertising
9. Third party content
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible in the maintenance and currency of those links, and the privacy practices, or any content on those linked third party websites.
10. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our website (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our website to operate for you;
- to operate our content management system;
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website and
deleted when you close your browser;
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser;
- to collect information about how visitors use The Site. We use the information to improve your experience of our website and enable us to increase
sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the
website from, and the pages they visited;
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 90 days;
12. Marketing information
With your consent on The Site, we and/or our business partners may send you marketing information about the Goods offered on The Site. This may be delivered to you via e-mails, SMS, mail or other form of communications.
You may opt out of this service at any time by clicking unsubscribe on the emails we send you or emailing us at email@example.com.
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
14. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
15. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
16. Compliance with the law
17. Review, update or personally identifiable information
You have the right to request a copy of, rectify, restrict or delete your personal information, and unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by updating your account on The Site or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request to alter your personal information because of exemptions provided in data protection legislation.
18. Complaints procedure
If you have a complaint about how we have collected or handled your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com with your details and details of your complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period a time. If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
19. How you can contact us
OAIC contact details:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)